Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why use W7MC with Sky HD?


Ok, so the Sky HD boxes are a fairly good setup, and will suit most peoples needs.
But since I am paying a arm and a leg for my sky service, I would like to be able to keep the movies I record for starters and anything else I can claw back from sky.

Sky HD boxes use 2 tuners, but only one f these will ever be in use at ay time while used in conjunction with the HDPVR, so I tend to use the other tuner for recording HD movies to the internal sky had drive and then rip them to a format of my choice when I have time The other tuner is dedicated to the media center.

So what else can i do with the media center / sky hd?

Well, first of all you can add media extenders to your setup. For example, you can have your dedicated HTPC doing all the work & hooked up to your main screen. then in another room you can have a xbox 360 streaming the TV signal from the sky box as well as share all recorded tv. potentially you could have a media extender in each room of your house all streaming live or recorded content in HD, without the extra cost of "sky multi room" ect....

I find it especially useful to record loads of tv shows for the kids and to have the ability for them to watch whatever they want in each room - anything for a moments peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment