Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

DVBlink & Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 229


DVBlink & Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 229 = Sky HD + Freesat in Media Center. (UTV / BBC HD ect....)

Ok, so I finally got around to adding this freesat tuner to my media center. In fairness the media center setup was painless,
I didn't loose any of my existing settings / scheduled recordings. Walked thru the tuner setup as normal and for the
WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 229 tuner, i used the Astra 28.2° east (Astra 2A/2B/2C/2D) satellite for my EPG & channels.

All of this worked well. in my media center EG, I had some duplicate channels, that are available on both tuners, so
Guide Tool 1.2 (merge tuners) sorted this out for me in a flash.

As you can imagine there is a enormous amount of crap channels on freesat that I will manually deactivate, no big rush on this.

all channel listing were auto populated by native media center listings, i am looking into using my digiguide subscription to populates this as well if I am missing anything, see previous posts on how to do this.

BBC HD looks excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment