Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The next step.....

Ok, so the DVBlink setup is solid enough now, after extensive testing. Even my girlfriend no longer complains about it, so it must be working well ;-)

Currently there is 2* 1080p screens hooked up to htpc, a 52" (living room) and a 26" in office (testing). There is 2 * xbox 360 as extenders, in master bedroom and sunroom connected via HD powerlines.

My next plan was to get a 2nd hd pvr and move the sky box from sunroom to office, then having both sky boxes & hdpvr connected to htpc & served out via media center.

I've decided to more adventurous, I purchased a dreambox s500!!

Very cheap off eBay in fairness, but there is a steep learning curve to say the least.

Once tweaked, the dreambox is capable of card sharing, so with one sky card, I can feed signal to multiple clients.

There has been some limitations that kept me away from getting into this, which have been resolved recently afiak, updating the sky card encryption.

Anyhoo, I havnt even got root access yet to the dreambox , so this will take a while.

Stay tuned for my progress.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment